Yesterday was our first bought with a fussy baby! From 5:00 a.m. on all he wanted to do was EAT! When I would put him down he would cry - sometimes inconsolably. It was a rough day. I called the lactation consultant and she suggested that he's going through his first growth spurt and that I needed to allow him to eat when he wanted. We also think he may have a little cold and we're going to call the doc tomorrow to see if we should come in.
Finally, in the evening he calmed down a bit, enough to allow me to go to the gym and shower. We were off to bed at 11:00 and it started again. He was up ALL NIGHT - and thus, so were we! Finally around 5:00 a.m. he went to sleep and we were able to sleep too. We had to call our friends the Sinders and tell them we weren't up for visitors today - we had some sleep to catch up on! For now, he seems to be back to his old self again!
On another note - I went out for my first post baby run this evening! It felt SO GOOD to get the fresh air and back into jogging! I ran 3 miles (although my heart rate was in the 180's the whole time - YIKES)! I am pretty proud for that - since I haven't ran in 4 months!
1 comment:
Yikes...I hope Liam gets better! You guys need your rest! Way to go on the 3 mile run!!!!
Post a Comment