2009-02-16

First Days Home

What a weekend! We had so many visitors to welcome Liam home! It is truly touching to see how many people care about our little man! We're so lucky to have so many great friends and family!

So far things are great! Will and I are really enjoying learning how to be parents. We really haven't had too many trying times yet. Getting used to the lack of sleep is probably the most difficult thing for Will! The first night we got less than 2 hours of sleep - and that was not at one time. The second night it got a little better. We were excited when he had a 1.5 hour stint of sleep without interruption. Then last night he slept 3 hours without interruption! We are trying the Baby Wise method and it's very difficult because you have to keep him awake during and after feeding. He's suppose to be awake right now because I just fed him - but he's out like a light! Oh well - we'll get his days and nights turned around eventually!

The breastfeeding is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I was so nervous about it - being the prude that I am I had NO desire to have a baby latching on to me, especially in public! However, today I even breastfeed at the doctor's office! I am lucky because Liam is such a good baby and he had no difficulty latching on - and it is so neat to know that I am providing him with what he needs to grow!

Will and I are still in such awe - not being able to believe he is ours. When we wake up in the morning we just stare at him in marvel! It's great!!!

No comments: