2009-02-06

1 more week

I never understood what women meant when they went on and on about the last month of pregnancy. How bad could it be, I wondered? You've been doing if for 9 months, it's not like it's something new...but that's just it! It's been 9 MONTHS!!!! The cute stage is over - the excitement about pregnancy has dissipated, and the constant question, "How are you feeling," is getting annoying! Look at me, I want to say - I am puffy, waddling, and wearing the same clothes more than once a week because nothing fits! But that, could just be the grouchy hormones kicking in - normally I am a very nice person who appreciates anyone's thoughtful interest in my little baby and my well being.

So here I am, at week 39 hoping that any day he will make his arrival! Every little ache or pain has my attention in hopes that it's the start of some serious contractions. Last night I had a dream that my water broke and it squirted all over the bathroom - I know that's not what happens when your water breaks - but it's my dream, okay!? Anyway, my water is squirting everywhere, like a faucet has burst and I'm yelling for Will to come help me, and he won't wake up and it was making me mad...it felt so real. I have to say I was slightly disappointed that it wasn't when I awoke from the dream - even if Will wasn't getting up to help me! :)

He has to come soon - being the type A personality that I am - I have my post-baby workout all scheduled out and ready to go - March 1 is the start date and I need at least 2 weeks post birth before I can start - My goal is to run the Mini again - which I know is lofty only having 2 months to train - but if nothing else I will be doing a run/walk that day - and I'm okay with that too. I just get super annoyed when people say things to shoot me down - like, "Oh, you'll think differently once that little guy is here, working out won't be as important," or my favorite, "You can tell you've never given birth before." Okay - enough ranting... I am just so ready to start my new life with my husband and little baby and get myself back together that it's pretty much all I can think about these days!

So say a little prayer for baby Liam. I know he'll come when he's ready - and I surely don't want to push that - I want nothing more than a perfect baby (and NO C-SECTION)...but for mommy's sanity - the sooner the better!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are cracking me up! I've been following up with Will every day or so to see how you're doing...and even at 32 wks I'm growing out of a lot of my maternity clothes so I can't imagine when I get to 39 wks!

Rachel said...

I hope Liam makes his appearance soon!!

I have to say (this may be a weird comment), but I could totally see myself being the exact same way about post-childbirth with the whole workout plan, etc. (hello type A personality!). Also, a part of me is a little jealous that you get to start this new life with a new baby, and I don't have that yet. But I know my time will come! I wish you nothing but the best!!!

ashley said...

good luck, hopefully it will happen soon! :)

Anonymous said...

So, Emily, how are you feeling? lol...sorry I just couldn't resist. I said a prayer for you, Will and Liam for a speedy and healthy delivery =) Take it easy and rest up this week!

Robyn Beele said...

I am glad you found my blog. We are both so ready! I understand every word you wrote!! Good luck with everything!

Simpsons said...

Don't feel at all ashamed about your type A personality...I'm proud of mine!! and as far as working out...I started a pre and post-natal class for working out as soon as I could! I was out walking a couple miles the week after I had Sophie! Your life only changes how you allow it to! You are always in control if you want to be!! Good luck and we will be thinking of you (all three!)!!

Lindsey said...

Emily, I hope that this is your week! I am thinking of you! Don't let those nay-sayers get you down...I am not doubting for a minute that you can do the mini in a few months. Your friend Lauren is right - you control it and you can do it! Those people must not know that fitness is a lifestyle!

Good luck and can't wait to see pictures of Liam. :)