At Mass today the priest tells us that the Bishop declared there be no hand shaking during the peace or drinking from the cup during communion. Am I the only one who finds this completely ridiculous!?! It is our faith that we must rely upon as Christians - and if we can't trust that our Father won't keep us healthy during a sacrament - then where can we really put our faith? Am I just hokey because I truly believe that illness will not come to be when partaking in the Holy Eucharist? We are to believe after all, that it is the blood of Jesus Christ through transubstantiation. I don't know - I just don't buy into it. I don't want to be sick - and even more, I don't want my baby to be sick - but certain things are sacred - or at least they should be.
3 comments:
they did the same thing here too! well we can shake hands for peace if we want to....but not if sick. AND our priest took out the holy water too!
Maybe your priest prayed about this decision before he did it.
-Heather
I should at least be given the choice - that's something that's very important to me...
Post a Comment