2009-11-16

Cat Ladies: Why do they do it?



Anyone see this on 20/20 Friday night? The sad part is, neither did I. I have to wait until Saturday morning to watch it because I am in bed asleep by the time it comes on - at 10 o'clock! Yes...I am old, a mom....and I go to bed at 9:30 on a Friday night. Oh - and I love it!

So, while watching this I was thanking God for sending me Will. If you know me well, you know how I love animals...especially cats. I know that when I was single before dating Will I had 3 cats in a one bedroom apartment - that's gross!
The Line Between Cat Fancy and Cat Crazy
This lady is in her 60's and has over 100 cats! Would I have ever gotten like this? YIKES!

This chick was really kind of sad...
The Line Between Cat Fancy and Cat Crazy
Jenny said emotional trauma caused by a difficult childhood has prevented her from having healthy adult relationships. "But I'm fine, don't worry," she said. "It's not like I'm on medicine or anything like that ... anymore."
What man is going to marry you when you have 16 cats chillin' on your bed?
The Line Between Cat Fancy and Cat Crazy
She was in DENIAL! She didn't think she was a cat lady at all.... and I think she had 160 some cats.
I do love cats - I would love to save them all too. However, I think one is enough...and as Will would say - if you have that many cats it's time to think about opening a Chinese restaurant.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ahahaha....I love how you come up with the most random posts. Remember that post you did with the cat tattoo on the man's stomach? That will forever be burned in my brain. Yuck - thanks. HAHA!

Alyson said...

Agree with Lindsey, you are random but that's why I enjoy your posts! he he =) So I watched something last Thurs. night on cat ladies with my mother in law who was in town and we were talking about how weird of a fascination it is. Funny you saw the 20/20! It is a good thing you have your men instead of a bunch of cats. If I didn't have Jeff and Will, I may have turned out to be a puggle lady...