2009-07-10

Grandma


I had the most vivid dream last night! All my dreams are pretty clear, but this one in particular woke me up with tears! My grandma came to me last night in my dream and hugged me - and a tight hug - it felt so good! I told her how much I missed her. Since she died in January I've been dreaming of her often, but last night was different. It felt so real. Alzheimer's took her mind from us about seven years ago and I've been grieving her loss ever since. She was such a great person - she taught me so much - which fork to use at a formal dinner, how to eat ice cream like a lady, and most importantly she taught me about God. I really miss her.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Grandmas are the best! I am sure she is looking down on you and is so proud!

Ana said...

Emily you know I had the same dream when my grandpa died. I think it is them letting us know they are in a good place right now. The hug was her letting you know how proud she is of you!