2009-07-06
Did I mention that I'm Dr. Dolittle?
Since the move from my country life in Greensburg, Indiana 11 years ago to my final set up here in the big city life of Carmel, Indiana I was sure that my days of possums, raccoons, and other random wildlife would be behind me. However, in recent months our home seems to draw the likes of this little guy, we'll call him Derrick, on a regular basis. In addition to Derrick, we've also had ducks who think our pool is their home, chipmunks who think our deck is their home, rabbits who find refuge somewhere in our backyard, and squirrels who made their way into our attic (and cost us A LOT of money to remove and ensure they don't return to the attic). What's more, is that these animals are not phased by us at all! Last night after getting my fair share of photos of this raccoon I went out to shoo him away and he calmly looked up from his task at hand, gave me "the eye" and went back to business. Will and I spent the better part of an hour checking him out, watching him traipse through our backyard - hoping to see where he goes so that maybe we can close off his point of entry/exit. Yet, he never left the backyard and once it became completely dark boredom set in. What do these animals want from us? I am thinking of starting my own wildlife removal business, Will and I are getting good at it and they surely aren't scared of us - they would be easy to catch! 


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment