2009-05-31

Emily's Wedding

Cousin Emily got married on Saturday to John! It was a beautiful wedding - with a beautiful bride!

It was definitely an experience, as this was our first wedding with Liam. I knew it would be different - but weddings and receptions as we once knew them are no more! Liam was great during the ceremony - sleeping the entire time.

In addition to the planning and packing involved (a baby needs a lot of stuff if you're going to be away from home for 10 hours), the events of the evening didn't happen as I had expected. I spent a lot of my time cleaning spit up off of Will's clothes, Liam's clothes and my clothes...holding a fussy baby, especially once 7:00 p.m. (his usual bedtime) hit, and just entertaining him. Will and I took turns doing pretty much everything, eating, dancing, going to the bathroom....and I didn't mind it, but I guess I just didn't envision the evening that way. Will and I always dance together at weddings...and we did have the chance a few times, with Liam as well - but the music was just so loud and it was clear Liam was overstimulated and overtired - bad combo! This parenthood thing is something I learn to understand everyday- and just when I think I know what I am doing, something new is introduced and I get all out of whack again! :) So, now we know how weddings go and in the future - we may get a babysitter!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

ashley said...

good to know what we have to look forward to! andrew is in a wedding in about two weeks down in indy....i just started thinking today about everything we're going to need, being away from home for almost two days!

OH! and i already can't believe how it only takes about 15 minutes for me to feel like i'm wearing a dirty shirt due to either spit up or drool!!! :)

Rachel said...

I love your dress! Liam has one stylish momma!

I like hearing all your insight about parenting - makes me feel a little more prepared when that day might come for us! I seriously admire you both as parents, and I am sure it will only get easier over time!