2009-04-26

First Communion

My niece and Goddaughter Lindsay made her first communion last night! It is so amazing how much she's grown- and what a super sweet, smart, kind little girl she's growing into! I will post pictures of her in her pretty white dress later...but I couldn't wait to blog out about the cutest thing she said!

You have to know that Lindsay is definitely a girly, girl...loves pink, painting her nails, dolls....she loves it all!

After the homily the priest came into the aisle and starting talking to the kids about the important thing they were about to do. He even began asking some of the kids questions. He asked the first boy what he was about to partake in...and the boy responded with, "the Holy Eucharist." He then talked a little more and moved up to Lindsay, looked at her and asked her what she did to prepare for today's Eucharist? The answer I believe he may have been looking for may have been something like, CCD, prayer, etc....but, Lindsay, with all honesty said, "I got my hair done." It was so cute and witty...and totally fitting given that she's such a girl's girl!

No comments: