Will and I have a dark secret. Our baby just now - I repeat - just now, at 11 months old, started sleeping through the night consistently!!! Yes, we have been enablers for the last 7 months. When the Doc would ask me at his well checks if he was sleeping through the night I would lie - I know the lecture that would come. It was just easier to get up, give him a bottle - we'd be back to bed in 10 minutes. Plus - I CAN'T handle the sad cries - whaaaa....come get me, Mommy, I just want to see you, love you, please come to my room... You get the picture.
With his first birthday approaching and with the start of the new year, we decided it was time! We tried a much recommend solution (which I highly doubted, so never before tried) of giving him a bottle of water. So, night one - set the water on his crib so it's there when he stands. He gets up, cries a little, finds bottle, drinks - back to sleep! Wow! That was easy. Night two, leave bottle again, no cries - just gets up and gets it water - back to sleep. We've been doing this for 20 days now - YES - that's 20 nights of full sleep!!! What?! What?! Some nights he doesn't even get up for his drink of water.
I am not sure if he was just READY and it was time - or if this trick would have worked seven months ago!? All I know is - we don't have to take turns any more, remember whose turn it even is! Just go to bed - good night - then good morning!
That doesn't mean I don't flip on the monitor a few times a night to have a peek at him! I kind of miss him!
2 comments:
I am so happy to hear this! I bet you feel so much more rested now!
I would imagine there are more parents out there that don't admit it either! You can't be the only ones!
YAY LIAM! and yay for you getting to feel rested. although i'm not gonna lie - i thought at first maybe your secret was that baby # 2was on the way! :) ha! :)
Post a Comment