2009-06-10

Sleep Music

So I've been reading on ways to decrease these 2 night time feedings (sometimes 3!) that Liam consistently requests...and one book mentioned some music to help soothe baby back to sleep when he wakes (instead of the food). At this point I am willing to try ANYTHING to get him to sleep more at night. I have to say, he's such a good boy... when we put him down for bed and naps he falls asleep on his own most times. But lately he just wakes up every 3 hours to eat - and with all that I read, a four month old is capable metabolically of going 6-8 hours without eating. I had decided that he was waking like we all do at night, and food was his way to go back to sleep - he was trained! To test my theory I thought I'd try some of the techniques the books mentioned - and music being one of them. So I found these songs that are lullabies of rock music! They are so great!!! Check them out at Itunes or their website - www.rockabyebabymusic.com I grew up on rock music, so a lot of the songs (Eagles, Hotel California) make me think of my childhood! Anyway - Liam really did well last night - I am not going to say how well because until he's consistent, I am not blogging about his exact sleep patterns, as not to jinx it! I have some other tricks up my sleeve if last night was a fluke - but I love the music and I think we'll keep doing it!


Oh - and for other fun baby music - my friend Chavonne recommended Raffi- just love him- his music is so fun! I like Shake My Sillies Out.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Have you ever heard of the "baby crack machine"? I've heard it called that cause babies love it and sleep so well!
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=14643125
I've heard it worth it, plus you can use a 20% off coupon!

ashley said...

good luck! if i'm honest i can't imagine still getting up twice a night with audrey. my fingers are crossed that your tricks work fast! :)

OH! and i was confused about the weeks/months thing too at first. and then i kept losing track of the weeks...so i decided to always go with the 11th! :)

Anonymous said...

Have you spoken to your Dr. about this? Mia went through the same thing with the 2 feedings at night (4 mon.). I asked the Dr. and she said this was perfectly normal for her to be waking up. Also, he may just want to be with you and miss his Mommy.

Mia is 7 mon. and still wakes up at night. Now it's because her teeth are coming in and she is uncomfortable. Also, babies have shorter sleep cycles than we do. I could go on and on cuz I too am desperate for sleep!! A good referance is Dr. Sears. He has a website online. You can search sleeping issues.

Kristi said...

Ahhhh listen to Rachel! We have the same sound machine she posted a link to and it's FABULOUS! Alex is only 2 months old and he sleeps in 6-8 hour stretches EVERY night...all thanks to this beauty. Good luck w/ Liam!