2009-06-03

I am 4 months old today!


Four months have gone by so quickly! Thanks to my mom and dad's TLC I have gotten to this point with quite a bit of ease - and I like to consider myself a pretty easy going baby, unless I'm hungry, tired, or have a diaper full of poop! This last month I've accomplished several milestones! I am a pretty strong guy - I sit up on my own for short periods of time, I can bare weight on my legs, lay on my stomach and come up on my arms, I am eating a little more, although still in small amounts at a time, I have a new screeching sound that I make for various reasons (happy, sad, excited, mad), and I now talk to myself! I lay in bed and just make all sorts of sounds to soothe myself to sleep! I also roll over both directions now! This scares my mom and dad at night. When I first started rolling to my tummy at night my mom and dad would keep coming in to roll me back over on my back! This went on for several nights! I was getting so annoyed - as soon as they walked out of my room I'd roll right back on my stomach! Finally they have just let me be - and I LOVE sleeping that way! I still enjoy TWO feedings a night! I am not sure when I will grow out of this. I have been a nice little baby and have given my mom and dad a few nights of only one feeding, but I am just not ready to totally give up one of them for good.

Now that Mom is home for summer break she's got me on this daytime schedule. At first I didn't like it because I am not used to sleeping in my crib during the day, but now I get the hang of it and I'm glad she's doing this for me because I am getting more nap time during the day and it's more consistent - and I love consistency!

I still enjoy my jogs with Mommy and Daddy, being outside, I love my Rain Forest Mat, I am starting to enjoy my Exersaucer more now that I sit up a little better, and I'm getting the hang of my Bumbo Seat. New things I love include the pool, being barefoot, shorts, and Rex - I love to watch him walk around and when he meows I turn to find him!

My official well check isn't for 2 weeks, but as of today I am a brute at 15.5 pounds! I can't wait to see what's in store for month five! I know there's some rice cereal involved! Yippee!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for the update, Liam! I am impressed you can type at 4 months! ;-) You are lucky to have such wonderful parents!

Simpsons said...

I can't believe how big he's getting and looks so grown up!! I love these pics and he's got such a good smile!

ashley said...

happy 4 month b-day liam! :)

Lindsey said...

You probably get sick of hearing this (yeah right!), but he is seriously an adorable baby. So handsome!