2009-06-20

I'm sleeping with my husband...again!

This week our doctor told us that Liam really should be sleeping 6-8 hour stretches and that we should try to eliminate that second feeding. He suggested several methods, including the Ferber. So we Ferberized Liam this week and seem to have extinguished that second feeding - and we did it with very little crying and actually very little resistance on Liam's part. He's such a good boy and really does well with his sleep, once he is taught what to do! Last night Will and I slept in our bed together for the first time since February! No more taking turns in the guest bed - which is near Liam's room. It was a little tricky the first night just because he was upstairs and we were downstairs - but being able to watch him on the monitor made the transition much easier! Yay for Liam and yay for Mom and Dad!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Great news!

Lindsey said...

I have no idea what a Ferber is, but I'm glad it's working and you can get some sleep finally!

Katie C said...

Congrats!!! Bet its nice to get some sleep with eachother :)