I am so not sure what to do - while I want to keep the weirdos out - I also like having people that I don't know share their lives with me by way of stumbling upon my blog. I like looking and seeing where people have visited from - knowing that I may be relating to someone with similar ideas, issues, thoughts that I have... I enjoy reading other blogs - especially of people that I've never met. In fact - some of my most favorite blogs belong to people - who I think are my friends - but I've never really even spoken to them. What would I do if they were never public? What's the point of a blog if only a handful of people read it - and the hoops they have to go through to just log-on may discourage even my family members...
I've thought about censoring myself a little more - thinking about privacy a little more before I post a picture. Let's face it, unless I am private or have no blog at all, I truly can't protect my privacy.... Not sure what to do... I guess until something truly weird and bizarre actually happens (instead of me just worrying and thinking the worst of perhaps innocent things) I may not have my mind made up.
4 comments:
I think you have a good balance of sharing vs. privacy already. You tell funny stories, occasional gripes, and pictures. You don't get too deep, it's all high-level stuff, really. And still personal, too. Try not to second guess yourself just yet. :)
-H
One bit of restriction you can apply to your blog is to not allow 'Anonymous' posts. Which would require me to find my username and pw and actually sign in. And also it doesn't prevent random peeps from seeing your blog. But it's a thought...
Heather
I say stick around, but take your location completely off your profile. Your last name is common enough that it would be harder to find personal info about you online among all the Mitchells in the US. Maybe that's just me being naive...but it makes sense in my little world!
I definitely understand your debate. I stumbled upon your blog through a friend of a friend. I'm glad you admit that you actually enjoy blogs of people you don't know. At times, I think to myself, what is wrong with me? But then I realize it's fun to relate to other moms, educators, etc. going through life just like me. You have to do what is best for you, but I do enjoy your blog and congrats on the pregnancy! Your creative post was a cute way to announce.
Post a Comment