2009-08-02
Back to Work
Tomorrow is the day. Liam goes back to the babysitter (I have to get my classroom ready, get schedules in order, loads of paperwork before school starts on the 10th - ahhhh)! Seriously, this is WAY WORSE than my maternity leave. For me, going back after my maternity leave was actually a sort of reprieve – I found the trials of a new mom quite difficult at first, and I welcomed the chance to get away from it for a bit. I also love my job and my kids at school and really missed them. The same still holds true in that regard – still love my job and can’t wait to see my kids! However, this summer has brought about so many changes in who I am as a mom! I am a different person now – Actually I started the summer so nervous about what would happen. The first week of summer I couldn't wait for August to roll around because I wanted to get back to what I knew how to do - teach, and I was even jealous of Will on some occasions because he got to go to work everyday and I had to stay at home and figure out the wants and needs of a 3 month old. During the second week of summer I kicked it in gear – I did some research, and started a daily schedule that worked for both of us. The transformation that occurred was amazing. Liam was happy because he knew what to expect and anticipate, and I was happy because I was gaining confidence and I felt pride in my ability to care for my little guy. We’re a team now! I have grown so attached to him that I have tears just thinking about the change that going back to work now brings. I feel I have the perfect job – I get to have a career that is rewarding and I get to stay at home almost as much as I work! Yet, it makes dropping him off to spend the day with his awesome babysitters and baby friends no less difficult! I hate change – always have – always will! Unfortunately, that’s all life is – a bunch of changes. So, I make another change tomorrow – one that I know I will grow to understand and accept. I end this summer knowing that Liam and I have grown together. I know that I am the best mom to him – I have confidence and most importantly – I know he’s happy! I love my little man so much! I just want to hold and kiss him all day – he will have no part of that though – he has to be on the floor, playing with his toys. I love you, LeLe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Stay strong! Good luck!
I'm sorry your summer is over...I would have a really hard time going back tomorrow I'm sure. Thinking about it is always probably worse than actually doing it, and I bet in a few days it will seem normal. But until then, have a glass of wine tonight to get those butterflies out of your stomach! :)
Good luck!
i've been thinking of you, being back to work. i hope it's going well! i'm DREADING our turn in another week. :(
Post a Comment