2011-07-20

"Come out Baby Kara!"

Liam yells this every morning now... a few weeks ago he told us he wanted Baby Kara to bring him Bolstrode and jelly beans.  We definitely use this to our advantage... "Liam, Baby Kara wants you to be nice to Rex...if you tease Rex, she's not going to bring you Bolstrode and jelly beans..." Christmas is too far for bribing...so we do what we got to do... Anyway, I am pretty sure he likes the idea of getting a present - maybe just a little more than the idea of a baby sister!

Really, he's so cute about it - kissing my stomach, telling Baby Kara he loves her... he's going to be a super big brother!

This week has been rough...I am more tired than ever, and with the heat, I haven't been able to get Liam outside much.  We've watched a lot of TV.  My mom and dad took him to see Cars 2 for the third time on Saturday - which is nice...My friend Erin came with the kids she nannies and we swam all morning today, and this Friday I am taking Liam to the firehouse where, our friend Brian works, for a tour - I know that soon all will change and I so want Liam to have positive experiences before and after baby comes...part of me feels sad for him.  And maybe a little guilty....he's been the center of our world for two years...and now he has to share it.  I am sure these are normal feelings...and we'll all be just fine - pregnancy hormones probably don't help either!




1 comment:

Emily said...

Hang in there, Emily! Can't wait to meet baby Kara!