This pregnancy has been slightly more challenging than my last. In addition to my issues with weight gain, acne, and backache, I have recently had to worry about health concerns with my baby girl. I have to say there is nothing more terrifying, and at the same time, more humbling. On this Ash Wednesday, as I begin to prepare my heart for the death and resurrection of Christ, I am also opening my heart and mind to the gift and miracle that I have already been given and will receive with my children. It’s pretty amazing when you have a perfectly healthy child born to you – I look at Liam and just can’t believe I was chosen to be his mama! He’s absolutely amazing – and each day I marvel at how smart and loving he is. I am excited about this Lenten season of sacrifice and reflection. Christ gave the ultimate sacrifice… reflection on this can really put into perspective what in life is truly important.
3 comments:
you are so well read. Congrats on baby Kara.
Thinking of you, Emily, and hoping everything turns out okay with Kara. I'll be praying for her!
Congratulations on the news of a Baby Girl! So exciting. Best Wishes and prayers for you and your little girl to be...
Post a Comment