2010-09-14

Bikin' to the Ripple

As soon as I got a bike, one of the first things I wanted to do was a bike crawl!  So I quickly planned our outing for last Saturday!  Will and I hopped on the Monon and rode our bikes down to Broad Ripple where we met Erin and Chad.  We began our excursion at a small,  dive on College.  We enjoyed our first drinks and first laughs of the evening here!

Here we are outside of Aristocrats.  (or was it Aristocats...)
The goal was to try a beer you've never had - or at least one that was unusual.  I had something straight nasty at this place - I also learned the acronym IPA.


I was going too fast when I hit a big hole - and got my first flat tire! :(  Chad carried my bike quite a way, while Will took off to get me a new tire at a local bike shop - problem quickly solved - night continued on as we watched the 1st quarter of the Notre Dame game at Broad Ripple Tavern.


The 2nd quarter was watched at Chumley's (an old college haunt for me... really haunting!).


We continued on for the 3rd quarter at Union Jack's and then to Brother's for the 4th quarter.

After Brother's, we went to Wellington where we finished out the night - and it was definitely night!  Our goal was to leave for our return trip home by 7:30, as to not be riding in complete darkness.  Well - we ended up leaving around 8:30!: (  It's not safe to ride in the dark - we couldn't even get our bike locks undone.




And then - I ran into a parking meter -
Finally - Will and I made it back to Carmel, where we used our bikes in the drive through at McDonald's.  Pretty funny to me... I laughed a lot.

Good friends - good times!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Fun, but apparently a little dangerous! One of Nick's friends did a similar crawl and ended up falling off his bike and breaking his wrist on the way home. Glad you guys didn't break anything (besides your tire)!