2011-08-08

First Weeks

What an amazing first few weeks it has been!  Baby Kara is such a GREAT baby...I've barely heard her cry.  She sleeps at night for 3 hours stretches, eats, and goes right back to sleep!  Such a content, laid-back baby!  She even let me give her a shower yesterday - she seemed so relaxed!

Will went back to work today and Liam started preschool.  I guess he was pretty sad when Will dropped him off - so of course I had to e-mail his teacher throughout the day to make sure he was doing okay.  She said he was doing great and really enjoying himself! When I went to pick him up he was so happy - he came running to me yelling..."My family...my family!"  Also impressive (or kind of strange) - he's the only one in his class of 2 year-olds that is potty trained!  All of the staff and teachers really seemed to like him and made the extra effort to ensure that he was happy! That makes me happy!

Last week I tried to ease back into my workout routine...and today I decided to amp it up a little.  Went for a 4 mile fitness walk...and at the time, it was easy - I am feeling it now though.  I am about 10 pounds out from my pre-preggo weight (which took me 6 weeks to get to with Liam) - so I can't complain...but I am just chomping at the bit to get to run again - I attempted to run - only briefly today -and it felt like my ass was going to giggle right off my body...needless to say, I've got a ways to go!

My sister took some photos of Kara on Saturday- can't wait to share them soon!



No comments: