2010-11-04

I'm ANNOYED

I've about had it with Facebook.  Really - I use it more for the voyeur in me than anything else.  I never post a "status" - but love to share pictures of my little guy with people who might (or might not) care.

Lately however, some of my Facebook "friends" have given me reason to consider throwing in the towel. 

My number one annoyance is people who use FB to booster their political views!  Obviously this time of year brings that out in people -  I am even more annoyed when those views oppose mine (only because the  manner in which the opinion is presented feels berating) - but even when I agree - I don't want to hear about it on FB.  Honestly, I would prefer a status update indicating you are currently on the shitter dropping the biggest load of your life - and you post a picture as proof! 
I am all about a healthy political discussion with someone who views things differently than I.  I am, in fact, a very open minded person who values the opinions of others - even when I do not agree.  FB is not the place for this!!  It's a social medium - in social situations aren't we always told to never discuss politics and religion?  I am a very faithful person who loves God - I love my church - I attend Mass every week- I enjoy daily prayer and believe that everyone should find ways to deepen their faith and relationship with God- but you won't hear me voicing my opinion to people who do not solicit it - and definitely not on FB!

NEXT: people who use their status as some sort of devotional to their husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend... I have a FB friend who, at least on a weekly feels the need to tell everyone how beautiful his wife his, how much he loves her, or "I am laying in bed with the most beautiful woman in the world snuggled up beside me."  PUKE!   Again - I'd rather hear about him taking a shit.

FINALLY: people whose status indicates some sort of aggression - but only the person who it is directed toward knows it.  "People need to quit talking about me behind my back.  Bitches stop hatin."  Yeah - this girl is my "friend..."

I know I can easily block these people, defriend them, or not use FB altogether - but it's much more fun to write about!




5 comments:

Rachel said...

I know you are annoyed, but you crack me up with the taking a shit thing!! You also have me wondering who these people are that you are referring to....

Lindsey said...

I've blocked so many "friends'" status updates on FB it isn't even funny anymore. Not defriended them totally of course so I can still check in on them when I want, but I don't want to hear their political BS or their constant WHINING. I'm totally with you here.

I'll admit, I quickly scanned your list of FB offenses before reading the whole post, thinking, "Crap...am I guilty of these?"

Simpsons said...

This is the funniest post I have ever read. Honestly, Brian and I are cracking up!

Mo said...

Preach!

Andy said...

You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with... how can I put this... potty related things :-)

Facebook can definitely get beyond annoying sometimes though, I'll give you that.