2009-10-05

It's gonna happen.

It happens to all parents - poop in the tub. If you haven't experienced it yet, you will. I had not anticipated it happening so soon, and the two man effort involved in cleaning up the said poo was a surprise too!

Picture this- Sicily, 1946... Okay that's a Golden Girls throwback...but really, picture this - Saturday night, hubby is giving Liam his bath as I get ready to skate out and pick us up some oh so yummy bread sticks from Pizza Hut. Suddenly I hear..."HELP! HELP!" Enter me - bathroom - shit on the carpet! Liam with poop all over his rumpus! Will tells me that as soon as he took Liam's diaper off to put him in the bath he started pooping. Keep in mind my poor guy is backed up again (Will's swears it's genetic - from him not me) and I had given him a bit of prune juice earlier in the day - Thanks to the advice from Kristi and my mom. So, the prune juice had gone to work and Liam was ready to execute. We figured he was done and we put him in the tub....until the grunting began - red face, grunts, squeals...poor guy. Will and I watched it before our eyes - OMG! He pushed a golf ball out of his anus - I kid you not!! We were all cringing!! Then the clean up process - Will got a bag and picked it up out of the water like you would dog poo out of the yard. We moved Liam to another bath seat (we have two) while we cleaned out the first and drained all the water. Once the seat was clean and we thought it was safe to begin the bathing process Liam had pooped again - in the other seat...here we go again! Once again, transfer to the clean seat, clean out the poop seat. Now...we're ready to clean Liam - I'm about ready to leave to pick up those bread sticks when - he did it again! Repeat cleaning process... He definitely cleaned his system out Saturday night...
All Will and I could do was just laugh...it is our funniest parenting moment yet!

4 comments:

Andy said...

Welcome to parenting! It's always an adventure (as I'm sure you know by now) :-)

Kristi said...

LOVE it! :)

Evan's Mama said...

Aww that's so funny!! I sure hope you intend on deleting this blog before little Liam is old enough to read it...golf ball sized turd...sheesh! ;)

Katie C said...

I was thinking the same thing--Liam's going to kill you in the future for putting this out there :) Charlie's poop in the tub was the second time we bathed him in it!!! Hasn't happened since then (knock on wood...)