This is why!! Nasty, nasty poison ivy...and it's not just one leg...it's both!
Two weeks ago there was a football game at my school - being the old cheer coach I wanted to see how the girls looked and I thought I would mix my evening workout with my trip to see the girls. So I ran to school. The only problem with running to school is that my school is located on a very narrow, hilly road and people drive pretty fast on it, so my husband made me promise I'd never run on it. I have to cut through this nature preserve that is next to my school. I've done it before so I didn't see any problem. Except this time - I got the POISON! I haven't had poison ivy since I was like seven! Being seven you don't really care about the "facts" of poison ivy - you just know it itches like hell and you want it gone! I even remember my mom sneaking into my room at night when I was asleep to put bleach on my poison to help dry it out! Anyway - did you know that poison ivy doesn't spread? Nope. Not that oozy stuff that leaks out...not touching it to someone else...it doesn't spread. What spreads is the oil that comes from the poison ivy that gets on your skin. If the oil hasn't absorbed completely (usually within the first few hours and before a shower) it can spread. Also - the oil metabolizes in the skin at different rates, depending upon how thick the skin is...which is why we think it spreads - because it can randomly show up 4 or 5 days after your exposure to the poison ivy....that's just how long it took the oil to absorb in the skin and metabolize.
What also sucks about these nasty lesions on my legs is my inability to shave! Yep, two weeks of no shaving - yet another reason for the pants!
Also - I was going to get this cute dress for a bachelorette party this Saturday (woot! first girls' night out in a long time...more on that later) - but now I guess I'll be pulling out the jeans!

1 comment:
Hope it gets better soon!!
Where is that dress from...super cute...I want it!!
Post a Comment