2008-08-26

Weekend with Julia


This weekend Julia spent the night with me (no mommy or daddy). On Friday it was just she and I (Will was there too, and he helped a lot, but I definitely felt the responsibility). She was not feeling well, and sensed my nervousness, therefore she wanted very little to do with me. It seemed as though everyone could hold her but me. She was instantly happy with Connie, Will, Monica...but not me. :( The picture says it all.That night after she went to sleep, (an hour later than her bedtime) I could not sleep. I got up every hour and checked on her, for fear that she
had stopped breathing for some reason. If she moved or breathed loudly...I was checking. At 5:30 a.m. I heard her move like she was awake, so I flipped on the lights and she seemed ready to start the day. I got her a bottle and changed her diaper. Everything went well...until about 9:00 a.m. when she looked around and decided she didn't really trust me anymore. Will had to take it from there.I think my pregnancy hormones took over from there because I was really beginning to feel sad that I was not being successful with her (in addition I was also monitoring the whereabouts of Addison, Lindsay, and Kristin)! Heather ended up coming back a few hours early from her trip...and I felt such relief! It was definitely practice!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: